Catering pair retire after two decades of superb service at Honiton Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Golf Club catering duo depart after two splendid decades of service.
After over twenty years of catering at Honiton Golf Club there’s been a change, writes Andy Wagner.
Sisters Sue Burroughs and Gill Gillard retired on New Years Eve having spent the past twenty plus years building a reputation that saw the club renowned throughout the County for high quality food and a magnificent, extensive sweet board.
We often found visiting teams asking if they could bring bigger squads for the after game dinners alone!
Their final supper did not disappoint with a fantastic buffet attended by 120 members and friends.
You may also want to watch:
At an earlier presentation the club president Keith Upstone thanked them for their many years of service and presented them with certificates making them honorary life social members and travel vouchers bought with the donations provided by grateful members.
Sue and Gill, we salute the pair of you and thank you for your two decades of service to the cause.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters