Chard and District Swimming Club members impress at Somerset County championships
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers from Chard and District Swimming Club competed in the third weekend of the Somerset county championships, writes Sophie Maitland.
In the girls’ 100m freestyle, the competing swimmers were: Brianna Barrand, Kaitlyn Flannigan, Abi Greenslade, Esme Huntley, Delilah Hutter, Alara Jenkin, Grace Lambert, Mia Porter, Maia Watson and Catherine Webb.
Harrison Larcombe competed in the boys 200m freestyle swimming to a fifth overall finish in his age group and Simon Davis competed in the 400m freestyle.
Millie Downes, Xanthe Dyer, Kaitlyn Flannigan, Manon Heard, Grace Lambert and Catherine Webb, were all in action in the girls 100m breaststroke.
Millie finished fourth overall in her age group and Catherine was sixth.
You may also want to watch:
In the girls 200m breaststroke, Brianna Barrand, Alice Clark, Millie Downes, Kaitlyn Flannigan and Catherine Webb all swam with Alice achieving a regional qualifying time and fifth overall for her age group, Millie achieving fifth overall and a regional qualifying time for her age group, and Catherine achieving eighth overall and a regional qualifying time for her age group.
Millie Downes, Xanthe dyer, Kaitlyn Flannigan, Megan Herbert, Delilah Hutter, Alara Jenkin, Grace lambert and Catherine Webb all swam the girls 50m butterfly and Alara Jenkin achieved eighth overall for her age group.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
Harrison Larcombe swam the boys 100m fly achieving a regional qualifying time and fifth place. Harrison Larcombe and Freddie Coles swam the boys 50m backstroke with Harrison achieving eighth place. Harrison also swam the boys 200m backstroke achieving third overall whilst Henry Birchill achieved eighth overall.
If you are aged six plus and can confidently swim 25m (one length) front crawl, have reasonable skills in two other strokes and are interested in swimming please visit our Facebook page Chard and District swimming club 2017 page more information and a free trial.
Sessions are held at Flamingo Pool in Axminster, Cresta Pool, Chard and Aqua Centre at Crewkerne.