Chard face important game at Paignton
- Credit: Archant
Not surprisingly, all the Chard rugby games were postponed last weekend as were most games in the South West, writes Glynn Hughes.
However, two games did take place in the Tribute Western Counties West with Devonport Services beating Wadebridge 28-20 and St Ives beating Truro 13-38.
Neither of these results affected Chard’s current league situation.
Weather and ground conditions permitting, the league programme will get under way again this coming Saturday (March 10), with Chard having a very important game away at Paignton
This is a big game for both teams as a win for Chard would go a long way to securing their place in this division next season. Chard won the home game against Paignton quite comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
However, their form since - particularly away from home - has been very iffy and Paignton will be aware that if they snatch a win they would only be 3pts behind Chard.
Supporters travelling to Paignton will find the ground very easy to find as it is immediately behind the railway and bus station right in the centre of town.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
Also on Saturday, the 2nd XV are at home to Martock (2.30pm) with the game being played on the main pitch and the 3rd XV are at home to Wells (2.15pm), with this game being played on the Crewkerne Road pitch.
Last Saturday’s postponed game against Sidmouth has been re-scheduled for Saturday, March 17 (2.30pm).