Chard Running Club’s Wayne Loveridge wins latest Seaton Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Wayne Loveridge of Chard RC won the latest Seaton Parkrun, writes Dave Mutter.
Wayne crossed the finish line in a time of 17:35 and he was followed home by Adam Hennessey of Honiton RC with AVR’s Luke Reed finishing third in a time of 18:44.
Karen Eyre was the first lady home, finishing 11th in 21:36.
This event, which takes place at Seaton seafront every Saturday morning, is not really about winners, but an opportunity for all the family to run an organised race for free every week.
If you are interested in joining the Parkrun, then take a look at www.parkrun.org.uk to see how to register to get your number that will enable you to take part in any Parkrun anywhere in the world.
You may also want to watch:
There were plenty of first-time runners in last week’s field of 190, but one of the main organisers, Lesley Adams, ran her 100th Parkrun and was surrounded by friends as she ran into 147th place in a time of 35:03.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond