Chard swim to promotion success
A squad of 32 swimmers represented Chard Swimming Club in the final round of the Western Division National Swimming League held at Weston Super Mare, writes Hannah Pullinger.
The teams collective efforts saw them land 26 top three finished in the fifty events and overall their achievements secured the team third place in the final table and promotion to Division Two!
Individual first places went to Tessa Down (15), in the Open Girls 100m Breaststroke, and Henry Taswell (11), in the 11/under 50m backstroke.
The Relay Teams were also winners with both the Girls 13/under Freestyle and Medley teams swimming to victory.
The full team on duty was: Girls; Abi Dare, Tessa Down, Melissa Hanson, Lauren Harrison, Susan Ross, Elisha Hawkins, Hope Horsfield, Abi Bonning, Flo Swan, Xanthe Dyer, Daisy Brett, Jess Patch, and Jess Fowler.
You may also want to watch:
Boys; Luke van den Barselaar, Jake Hallam, Dan Andrews, Ben Fowler, Joe Spurway, Oli Bilbie, Jamie Pullinger, Jamie Lillington, Ashley Lillington, Paul Harrison, Lewis Pearson, Iain Ross, Ben Greenslade, Henry Taswell, Leo Kindred, Leo Bonning, and Simon Davis.
Congratulations to all the swimmers for another great performance, and a big thank you to all the Club coaches, officials, team managers, and time-keepers who all helped the Club host the event and make it a success.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
If you want to find out more about Chard Swimming Club or are interested in joining the club provides sessions for age 5/6 upwards at pools in Chard, Axminster, Crewkerne and long course training at Millfield. Find out more at www.chardswimming.org