Chard swimmers serve up outstanding results at Exeter Open Meet
Chard swimmers have had another successful weekend of competition, with 13 swimmers aged nine to 17 competing at the Exeter Open Meet, writes Hannah Pullinger.
Several South West Regional Times were achieved during the day by two of the swimmers; seventeen-year-olds Ben Fowler and Hannah Pullinger achieved five between them in the 50, 100 and 200m backstroke for Fowler, and 100m breaststroke and 100m freestyle for Pullinger. Twenty-seven County Times were also clocked up between the swimmers.
There was some outstanding swimming with twenty nine top three positions and many personal best times.
A total of twelve Gold Medals were won by Ben Fowler, 17, 50, 100 and 200m backstroke, Hannah Pullinger, 17, 50 and 100m breaststroke, Jamie Pullinger, 15, 100m backstroke, 50m freestyle, Paul Harrison, 14, 100m breaststroke, 200m Individual Medley, Eden McDonald, 10, 50m backstroke, Jimmy Brett, 9, 200m backstroke, Abi Greenslade, 9, 50m backstroke.
Eleven silver medals were won by Lewis Pearson, 14, 100, 200m freestyle, 50m backstroke, Imogen Waterhouse, 10, 50, 200m breaststroke, 100m Individual Medley, Jamie Pullinger, 15, 100m freestyle, 200m backstroke, Hannah Pullinger, 17, 100m freestyle, Paul Harrison, 14, 200m backstroke, Abi Greenslade, 9, 200m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
Six bronze medals were won by Paul Harrison, 14, 100, 200m freestyle, 50m backstroke, Lewis Pearson, 14, 200m backstroke, Jess Fowler, 12, 50m freestyle, Imogen Waterhouse, 10, 200m Freestyle.
Other swimmers taking part were: Abbie and Megan Herbert, and Daisy Brett.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
If you want to find out more about Chard Swimming Club or are interested in joining we have sessions for ages five and six upwards at pools in Chard, Axminster, Crewkerne and long course training at Millfield. Please visit our web-site at www.chardswimming.org.uk