Chardstock A end barren run in Over-60s Triples League
- Credit: Archant
After a poor run of four games without a win in the Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League, Chardstock A beat Okehampton A, writes Vaughan Fletcher.
What made the success all the more pleasing was that Okehampton had dished out a heavy beating when the teams met on the opening game of the new season.
Chardstock A won 38-31 with the rink of K Warren, J Rolph and J Porter, winning 23-12.
The B team continued their winning ways with an impressive 50-28 win over Okehampton C with both rinks winning; G Bodily, B Howard and T Dredge, 24-7 and A Badley, D Eldridge and W Kerr, 20-11.
In an East of Exe League played at Tiverton on a hot, sultry evening and lost a closely fought match, 75-60. There were two winning rinks; R Pratt, A Badley, Ann Dredge and T Dredge, 19-14 and J Keats, C Bradford, G Campbell and J Rolph, 16-14.
You may also want to watch:
Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Chardstock A 38, Okehampton A 31
K Warren, J Rolph and J Porter, 23-13; M Rogers, K Wakelin and M Toms, 15-18
Chardstock B 50, Okehampton C 28
G Bodily, B Howard and T Dredge, 24-7; A Badley, D Eldridge and W Kerr, 2011
East of Exe League
Tiverton BC 75, Chardstock 60
Jeanette Porter, M Copp, V Fletcher and John Porter, 10-23; J Keats, C Bradford, G Campbell and J Rolph, 16-14; R Pratt, A Badley, Ann Dredge and T Dredge, 19-14; A Sebright, J Pratt, D Eldridge and G Bodily, 15-24
Chardstock 77, Merriott 69
R Pratt, B Fifield, S Hatcliffe and M Toms, 23-12; A Callagan, C Bradford, D Hatcliffe and T Dredge , 17-12; P Baldwin, D Ellis, J Pratt and A Dredge, 22-19; J Currie, D Emery, V Fletcher and S Jeffrey, 10-26
Chardstock 66, Chard 69
A Callagan, B Howard and S Jeffrey 18-20; D Ellis, G Bodily and A Sebright 29-9; J Currie, P Baldwin and N Denslow 6-23; B Fifield, J Keats and J Rolph 16-17