Chardstock back in league action
Chardstock Cricket Club has been accepted by the Devon League, following the club’s recent ‘rest’ from league cricket while the youthful side matured, and will re-join this season, writes Frank Huddy.
They will be led by former Ilminster all-round star Robbie Hutchings who is returning to his home village. Finances are sound and prospects look good for the coming season, with several other players returning to the fold, including another star all-rounder Paul Reynolds.
The following officers were elected for season 2012: President, Sir Neville Marriner CBE; Chairman, Edward Eames; Secretary, Simon Garratt; Fixture Sec, Bob Blackwell;
Team Sec, Martin Rylie; Hon Auditor, Paul Hazell; Sat Capt, Robbie Hutchings; Vice Capt, Paul Reynolds; Sun Capt, Jack Larcombe; Vice Capt, Nathan Copp; Wed Capt, James Hayden; Vice Capt, Justin Marriner; and Welfare Officer, Simon Garratt.
The executive committee was re-elected en bloc.
You may also want to watch:
?Mention was made of the recent passing of Michael Eames, who had been with the club since 1954 as player, secretary and committee member and was a life member of Chardstock CC. His death leaves only two life members, Frank Huddy and Richard Parris.
?Members were asked to note that net practice at Chard Holyrood Academy has started and will be on Sundays 5 - 6pm.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
?The club jumble sale and auction, the biggest in the area, will be held on Friday, March 23, at 7pm.