Chardstock bowl to victory over Lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
Chardstock bowlers had a busy past week, writes Vaughan Fletcher.
In the Exeter Over-60s Triples League a trip to Exmouth for Chardstock A to meet Phear Park resulted in a 48-19 defeat.
The B team also lost, but they went down by just six shots at home to Wellington A.
In a Top Club competition match against Seaton, Chardstock were beaten 4-1.
In friendly matches there was a 69-63 success against Lyme Regis, a 72-63 reversal against Severalls Jubilee and a 72-56 loss to visiting Crewkerne.
You may also want to watch:
Exeter and District Over 60s Triples League: Phear Park 48, Chardstock A 19.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
M Rogers, J Rolph, J Porter (12-24); K Wakelin, P Compton, V Fletcher (7-24)
Chardstock B 29, Wellington A 35.
G Bodily, J Keats, P Woods (10-20); A Campbell, B Howard, W Kerr (19-15)
Top Club Competition:
Seaton 4, Chardstock 1
P Compton, M Rogers, D Eldridge, W Kerr (19-23); S Hatcliffe, J Rolph, J Porter (9-26); T Dredge, A Dredge (19-21); K Wakelin (14-13, M Toms (12-21)
Chardstock 56, Crewkerne 72
D Emery, A Callagan, Ann Dredge (17-16); P Waddington, Jeanette Porter, E Rolph (18-13); A Waddington, P Baldwin, S Jeffery (14-16); M Davenport, B Howard, J Marks (7-27)
Chardstock 69, Lyme Regis 63
D Eldridge, D Hatcliffe, P Woods, J Rolph (13-22); N Mugridge, G Campbell, E Rolph, M Toms (23-9); J Keats, A Badley, P Compton, S Hatcliffe (18-15); V Fletcher, M Copp, J Porter, A Dredge (15-17)
Chardstock 63, Severalls Jubilee 72
A Waddington, Jeanette Porter, V Fletcher (13-19); G Bodily, E Rolph, G Campbell (17-15); P Waddington, J Keats, John Porter (20-10); N Mugridge, P Baldwin, J Rolph (13-28)