Chardstock bowlers enjoy ‘a special week’!
- Credit: Archant
During the past week the club has been honoured by visits from the Bowls Devon Presidents team and the Nomads, writes Vaughan Fletcher.
On Tuesday, Vicky Hingston, the president of Bowls Devon, brought a team of players from all over the South West to Chardstock for a friendly match played over five rinks.
From the banter and laughter I could hear all over the green, and Vicky’s comments after the match, I know that everyone involved had a great afternoon.
On Sunday, the club hosted a visit from the Nomads, a wonderful group of bowlers from all over the south coast who give their time raising money for worthy causes.
In this instance the result didn’t matter, it was all about raising money for those less fortunate than ourselves.
You may also want to watch:
Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League:
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Exonia C 35, Chardstock A 29: V Fletcher, J Rolph, J Porter, 13-23; K Wakelin, M Toms, N Denslow, 16-12
Sidmouth C 16, Chardstock B 45: G Bodily, B Howard, T Dredge, 25-5; J Keats, D Eldridge, W Kerr, 20-11
Top Club competition
Chardstock at home to Sidmouth: Two-wood singles – M Toms, lost 10-21; Four-wood singles – K Wakelin, won 21-10; pairs – A Dredge and T Dredge, won 19-7; Triples – M Copp, J Rolph and J Porter, won 18-5; Rink - N Barron, M Rogers, G Bodily and N Denslow, won 23-14
Chardstock 97, Bowls Devon President’s team 87: N Baron, J Currie, A Sebright, M Toms, 20-18; P Baldwin, J Pratt, D Eldridge, D Hatcliffe, 17-25; J Milford, V Fletcher, G Campbell, J Rolph, 22-14; Jeanette Porter, B Howard, E Rolph, S Hatcliffe, 22-12; R Pratt, V Barron, J Keats, John Porter, 16-17
Chardstock 106, Nomads 56: Jeanette Porter, M Copp, N Denslow, 20-12; A Badley, N Barron, J Keats, 15-12; V Barron, V Fletcher, J Rolph, 34-8; A Sebright, B Howard, G Campbell, 9-16; P Baldwin, A Callagan, John Porter, 28-8