Chardstock bowlers enjoy friendly success
- Credit: Archant
Chardstock bowlers endured a disappointing past week in terms of the Over-60s Triples League matches, writes Vaughan Fletcher
The A team went down 41-31 to visiting Phear Park A with a 23-14 defeat for the rink of V Fletcher, K Wakelin and J Porter and a narrow 18-17 reversal for P Compton, M Toms and N Denslow.
The B team were in action at Wellington A where they suffered a 50-25 defeat. P Woods, D Eldridge and T Dredge were beaten 21-17 and the rink of A Campbell, B Howard and W Kerr were defeated 29-8.
However, the club did very well in its friendly matches winning three out of four.
The one reversal was a 73-57 loss at Broadclyst where the rink scores were: N Mugridge, John Porter and D Hatcliffe (11-21); M Davenport, B Howard and J Rolph (14-23); Jeanette Porter, S Hatcliffe and G Campbell (10-16); M Copp, E Rolph and J Pratt (22-13).
You may also want to watch:
A visit from Wellington saw the Somerset side beaten 84-75. In this math the rink scores were: N Mugridge, J Pratt and J Porter (8-22); P Waddington, B Howard and J Rolph (25-5); Jeanette Porter, A Waddington and N Denslow (12-16); A Callagan, V Fletcher and S Jeffrey (27-7); A Badley, R Pratt and K Wakelin (12-25).
A visit to Crewkerne produced a fine 68-58 win with the rink scores: E Van der Meulen, D Eldridge and M Toms (18-10); Jeanette Porter, J Pratt and G Campbell (9-25); C Bradford, A Waddington and J Rolph (13-17); P Waddington, R Pratt and J Porter (2-6).
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 7 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Last, but certainly not least, there was a 68-59 win in a home meeting with Honiton.
Here the rink scores read: M Rogers, A Campbell, C Bradford and John Porter (24-10); N Mugridge, N Barron, M Copp and J Rolph (13-17); Jeanette Porter, A Waddington, A Callagan and G Campbell (14-17); B Howard, V Barron, E Rolph and S Hatcliffe (17-15).