Chardstock edged out at Clyst Hydon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Chardstock lost their Devon league Tier Four East East II game at Clyst Hydon by a margin of just eight runs.
Clyst Hydon batted first and closed on 181-7 with their top scorers being James Billington (31no) and Graham Trude (30).
Second change Richard Pyman (3-23) and third change Gary Larcombe (2-12), did the bulk of the damage with the ball and there were single wickets for Sam Reynolds and Tom Warren.
In the run chase, Chardstock looked well set reaching 124 for the loss of just two wickets. Gary Larcombe hit 48 to lead the chase from the front.
However, skipper Rob Hutchings then fell for a 22-ball seven boundary 33 and that sparked a flurry of wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, eight wickets fell for the addition of just 49 runs inside nine overs as Chardstock slipped to 173 all out in 38.5 overs with Nathan Copp the not out batsman on 24 as his side fell to an eight-run defeat.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled