Chardstock lose their favourite match
A four-rink men s favourite against Bridport was played on July 28 at Chardstock.
A four-rink men's favourite against Bridport was played on July 28 at Chardstock.
Following a recent defeat at Bridport, Chardstock won on one rink, narrowly lost by one shot on another and lost the remaining two rinks by 13 and eight shots, respectively.
Chardstock (skips only): N Denslow lost 18-19, M Rogers lost 7-20, M Toms lost 14-22 and P Compton won 16-11.
The final overall score was Chardstock 55, Bridport 72.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, the ladies' match against Chard the following day was cancelled, as Chard could not raise a team.
A mixed 4-rink match against Axminster on Saturday began a new month with an overall win of 137 to 32 shots and by four rinks.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Although light rain greeted the start of the game, this soon cleared to give way to a fine afternoon and everyone enjoyed playing.
Chardstock (skips only): S Jeffery won 40-9, M Sturley won 28-7, P Compton won 34-11 and N Denslow won 35-5.
An overall win by 18 shots, and 3 rinks to 1 at home to Hemyock on Sunday in a mixed match, completed a winning weekend for Chardstock.
Chardstock (Skips only): S. Jeffery won 17-14, J. Tucker won 25-15, N. Denslow won 29-13 and P. Compton lost 15-16.