Charmouth Short Mat Bowls competition win for Starke and Uzzell
- Credit: Archant
The Charmouth Bowls Clubs’ Short Mat winter season is drawing to a close, writes Jim Greenhalgh.
Members gathered last week for an end-of-season 3-wood pairs competition.
It was held at the club’s usual venue of the Community Hall in Lower Sea Lane, Charmouth where players competed for the Les Hill Cup.
The winning pair was Jean Starke and Alan Uzzell.
The pair was congratulated by club resident Ivan Marks who also thanked vice captain David Cruickshank for organising the event. The cup will be presented to the winning pair at the club’s annual Presentation Dinner in November.
You may also want to watch:
The Short Mat Bowls season will end on Tuesday, April 22 to make way for the start of the 2014 outdoor bowls season.
That all begins with an Open day event to be held on Sunday, April 27 at the Bowling Green, Barr’s Lane Recreational Ground, Charmouth at 2pm.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The club is always delighted to welcome new members. Players with experience and without any form of previous playing are made welcome. Anyone interested should get along to the Open Day to find out more about the club and its activities.