Churchill stars with bat as Chardstock bag first win of league season
- Credit: Archant
Chardstock landed their first win of the season and eased their way off bottom spot in the F Division with a three wicket triumph at Lifton.
It was two eighth wicket partnerships that were the highlight of this contest.
The home side were in trouble until their eighth wicket pairing got them close to maximum batting points and an eventual close of 203.
Josh Short picked up four wickets for 47 runs for Chardstock who were the grateful to their eighth wicket paring of Tom Strawbridge (33no) and Nathan Copp (45no) to lead them to glory.
Gavin Churchill, had earlier underpinned the reply with an outstanding knock of 66.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Robert Hutchings said: “It’s good to get that first win. Gavin (Churchill) batted superbly. Availability is getting much better now. It’s a fact that a wining team always seems to get more people making themselves available!”
Next up for Hutchings and his side is a visit from Cheriton Fitzpaine. The skipper says: “We beat them last year and I’d like to think we can repeat that this season.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West