Clarke steals the show
Axmouth 9, Okehampton 3
Charlie Clarke stole the show, scoring four goals and setting up two more as Axmouth thumped visiting Okehampton 9-3 to maintain a good start to life in Division four.
Clarke helped start the rout in the first minute following a neat passing exchange with Reece Hales who calmly slotted the opener.
Manager Laurie Forino was rightly pleased with his side’s display but acknowledged that tougher games loom in coming weeks. He said: “We have had a great start but perhaps have played the weaker sides so far but if we continue our level of performance then we will be tough opposition for anyone. All the lads did well. Joe Berry put in a huge performance but Clarke rightly earns the Man of the Match award.”
Goals were scored by Clarke, 4, Dan Jeeves, Matt Ellis, 2, Asa Sandman and Hales.
You may also want to watch:
Okehampton scored late in the first half and had two more goals late in the second half.
A late consolation for the visitors grabbing a 3rd as home players chased the 10th was the 12th and final goal of an entertaining encounter.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery