Cligg stars as Offwell Rangers launch season with home win
- Credit: Archant
Offwell Rangers launched a new Macron Devon and Exeter League Division Six season with a 3-1 home success over Lyme Regis.
Rangers took a first half lead through Dean Sluman who headed the ball powerfully home at a corner. That proved to be the only goal of the first half. Sam Farmer slammed home a second half penalty to double the lead and Liam Spiller completed the scoring, getting on the end of a cross.
Match sponsors Deer Park Hotel opted for Tom Cligg as the Man of the Match.
Rangers boss Scott Phillips said: “It’s certainly an improvement on last season for we drew twice with Lyme Regis. Now we are both up a division I am delighted to get off the mark with an opening day win.
“We weren’t at our best before the break, but the second half was much improved and far more like what I want us to produce consistently this season.”
You may also want to watch:
“We have strengthened our squad from last season and I think we are well equipped for life in a higher division.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott