Clinch nets the goal his all-round performance deserves
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Under-10s enjoyed an unbeaten morning as they drew 1-1 with Lyme Regis before beating Colyton 3-1.
What’s more, on the morning the Seaton players managed to score all the goals!
Against Lyme they turned in arguably their best performance of the season, the passing was sharp, the movement excellent and the commitment was top drawer in a game they dominated.
Aaron Hale rattled the crossbar with a fizzing drive, but against the run of play it was Lyme who took the lead as a speculative shot was turned into his own net by Adam Clinch.
Seaton stuck to their football and got the equaliser through Leo Gribble, but could not force the winner their play deserved. Next up was a great local derby against Colyton with both teams always looking to play attractive football. Leo Gribble put Seaton 1-0 up before Adam Clinch again scored at the wrong end, when a clearance hit him as he ran back to cover!
You may also want to watch:
Clinch looked to the heavens for a sign as to how he had offended the football Gods, but there was nothing. Spurred on by injustice, Clinch took the game to Colyton and was rewarded when he fired an unstoppable shot into the top corner following a driving run past several defenders. Harvey Green repeated the trick with a sweet strike and Seaton ran out comfortable winners, as they dominated the second half.
Seaton coach Alan Hale said: “It was a terrific morning from all the players, but the Man of the Morning was Adam Clinch. The young lad must have gone through every emotion during the games, but his effort never dropped below 100 per cent and he finally got the goal (at the right end) that he deserved!”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond