Cloakham Daggers aiming to arrow way back to the top
- Credit: Archant
After relegation to Division Two of Devon Superleague, Cloakham Daggers are looking to bounce straight back up and the Axminster based team travelled to Tiverton for their first game of the season, writes Ed Coutts.
They took on Heathcoat B and came away with a convincing 6-3 victory. Ed Coutts went on first and put in a solid performance to win 3-0 (21.16). Dan Shakespeare played next and despite scoring well went down 3-1 (21.28).
Mark Fisher then restored the lead with a hard fought 3-2 (21.68) win.
Rob Millward followed up with an impressive 3-1 (22.40) win and then Vinnie Sweeney put the Daggers 4-1 up with a battling 3-2 (16.66) win.
Flynn Jones then put in a strong debut for the team winning 3-1 (23.25) to seal the match win.
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Doble went on next but struggled to find his usual form and went down 3-2 (15.90). Merv Wakeley played the penultimate game and despite a good checkout he went down 3-1 (21.68).
Dean Jackson rounded the match off and ground out a 3-0 (15.03) win on his team debut. The player of the match award went to Flynn Jones.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend