Coley slots hole-in-one at Lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
John Coley had his first hole in one last Friday and was successful 48-hours later when he took the honours in the July medal at Lyme Regis with a fantastic 72, net 65 to take division 1, writes Richard Jackman.
Second place went to Geoff Pontefract, net 67, whilst third place was taken by Neil Smith with 68.
The winner of division two was Robin Smith with a net 68, in second place was Roger Baker, also 68, and in third place was David Jones with 70.
In the seniors stableford division one was won by Julian Cox with 38 points from Tony Johnstone (37) and Charley Lane (36).
Division two was a close run thing with Barrie Castle’s 37 points edging out Alec Horwood and Tom Binks both on 36
You may also want to watch:
In the Dorset County seniors championship, many congratulations to Lyme Regis’s David Lock who came runner up in the scratch competition and won the Handicap Championship.
Well done to Caroline Baker who won the Coronation Cup, a competition played by all male and female medal winners from the previous year.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Melissa McMahon, Jane Southcombe and Jenny Scott were the victorious Lyme ladies in the quarter finals of the Humphreys’ Bowl with a 2-1 win over Sherborne
In the junior order of merit competition Suzie Coalter scored a brilliant nett 61 and pushed James Phillips into second place with 69 from Cameron Moss on 71.
Both Suzie and James have performed very well this year and seen their handicaps reduced accordingly, adding to the many successful juniors at Lyme.
Last, but certainly not least this week, Lyme Regis’ Hardy B team beat Moors Valley 3-2 in a very close run contest.