Colyton Grammar School girls impress in East Devon rounders competitions
- Credit: Archant
The Colyton Grammar School year-nine rounders team claimed double success recently.
They played in both the East Devon Rounders Under-14 and Under-15 competitions and won 13 matches across the two events!
In the Under-14 tournament they enjoyed success over Kings, Uffculme, Honiton and Axe Valley to reach a semi-final against St John’s that they won 7-3. In the final they defeated Exmouth 7.5-2.5.
The girls then teamed up to contest the Under-15 tournament and in this event they enjoyed success against everyone they played, beating Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Cullompton, Uffculme, King’s and Axe Valley!
The Colyton squad was: Leah Hurst, Emily Rudolph, Amy Oliver, Hannah Beglin, Anna Moroz, Issy Harding-Perrott, Sadia Hallam, Megan Thompson-Summers, Rosie Lyall, Josie Bennett and Holly Elsworth.
You may also want to watch:
One of the team coaches said: “The girls played extremely well and demonstrated some tight fielding and some tactical batting. Leah, Anna, Holly and Megan should be congratulated for their consistent batting, scoring many full rounders between them. However, the whole team were a cohesive unit and it was their ability to work together that brought them success on the day. Well done to everyone in the squad!”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis