Colyton Grammar sprint thriller
Eleven athletes from Colyton Grammar School travelled to Torrington, North Devon, to run in the Devon Cross-Country Championships.
Eleven athletes from Colyton Grammar School travelled to Torrington, North Devon, to run in the Devon Cross-Country Championships. The course was very short, which definitely favoured those who like a sprint race!
Colyton managed to have two girls win their respective races, thus being crowned County Champions. Naomi Speake won the Inter Girls race and Lily Helston won the Year 7 event.
Other very respectable positions were: Patrick Livingstone, Year 7 Boy, 2nd place; Adam Speake, Inter Boy, 3rd; Emily Bliss, Senior Girl 3rd; Sam Cavin, Year 7 Boy, 11th; Lea Boucher, Junior Girl, 11th; Luke Wells-Burr, Junior Boy, 13th.
These athletes will now be selected to represent Devon in the next round, which is the South West Championships.
You may also want to watch:
This is an excellent achievement and the school wishes them luck in the next stage of this competition.
Photo: Scott Tobin
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery