Colyton Redsocks Under-10s lift silverware
- Credit: Archant
Colyton Redsocks Under-10s lifted the Exeter and District Youth League Plate when they defeated CS Leopards 4-1 in the final at Willand Rovers.
The Redsocks took control from the first kick of the contest and raced into a 3-0 lead before being pegged back.
It did not take long for the three goal margin to be restored with Redsocks seeing the game out in a degree of comfort.
Marcus Symmonds took the scoring honours with a splendid hat-trick and the other score was substitute Jacob Hale.
Redsocks coach Craig Board said: “The team is full of very good individuals but on this occasion it was the teamwork that stood out. Everyone played for each other and they were all richly deserving of their victory. Marcus (Symmonds) did very well getting a hat trick, but the defensive display and the build-up play to the goals was superb. It allowed Marcus to show his pace and finishing ability at its best. The other team members of Joey Bown, Cameron Board, Nicholas Fisher, Dan Huggins, Thomas Lambert, Giles Basson, and Freddie Andrews all deserve to be mentioned as it really was a great team performance”.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the Redsocks or any other Colyton age group next season can find out more by calling youth chairman Ryan Smith on 07749776745.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost