Colyton Skittle League Mike Sansom Nomination Trophy finalists named
The Colyton Skittle League’s latest action saw matches played in the qualifying round of the Mike Sansom Nomination Trophy.
In the Vine group matches; Phil Strawbridge (Tuckers B) topped the charts with a score of 58 followed by, Simon Land (Awliscombe Harts), 56, John Beaton (Sidbury Lions), 49, Graham Sweetland (Sidbury Stones), 45, Charlie Hutchings (Eagle Tavern), 28 and Jenny Broom (Heathfield B), 20.
In the Rising Sun group there was an emphatic win for Phil Norman (Hon Con B) with a score of 63, seven better than the field; Graham Hart (Hon WMC B), 56, Andy Rose (Hon Converts), 51, Malcombe Wheaton (Hon Con D), 50, Dave Joslin (Hon ConArtists), 48, Dave Blackmore (Vine B), 45, Arron Deen (Hon Con BTP), 40, Bradley Spiller (Three Tuns Hammers), 40 and Andy Doble (Heathfield A), 34.
The Gerrard Arms group was won by a whopping 15 pins by Andy Hurford (Kingfisher B) with his score of 53. The other scores were; B Pike (Colcombe A), 38, Bernie Webber (Ship C), 35, M Rowland (Kingfisher A), 25 and Pat Nield (P J’S) 23.
In the PJ’S group the scores were; Roger Woolland (Ship B), 53, Kevin Cooke (Kings Arms A), 44, Lewis Jarman (Winstons A), 44, Bud Peach (Wheelwright A), 41, Steve Potter (Gerrard B), 41, Richard Turl (Seaton AFC A), 41, Steve Somers (Beer B), 41, Dave Park (Seaton AFC B), 30 and Maurice Howe (Beer A), 21.
You may also want to watch:
Last, but not least, in the Lamb Inn group two players tied for top spot; Tom Patch (Tuckers C), 56 and Paul Miller (Cloakham B). The other scores were; 56, Martin Johnson (Gerrard A), 51, Alan Ostler (Cloakham C), 49, Neil Jones (New Inn A), 48 and Martin Barnes (Cloakham Wanderers), 40.
The final takes place this coming Saturday (January 10) at the Colcombe Castle with an 8.30pm start. Taking part are; A Hurford, A Rose, B Pike, B Webber, G Hart, J Beaton, K Cooke, L Jarman, M Johnson, P Miller, P Norman, P Strawbridge, R Woolland, S Land and T Patch.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax