Colyton Under-15s triumph in Under-16 Futsal tournament
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
The Devon FA ran this year’s Futsal qualifiers at Cranbrook Education Campus on the second Sunday of December.
Colyton entered their Under-15 team consisting of Cameron Board, Giles Basson, Finley Cox, Tommy Donnan, Jacob Hale, Dan Huggins and John Nita.
They had to play up a year and enter the Under-16 age group and so set out to use the competition as a training and experience exercise. However, things turned out better than expected.
In their first match playing Beacon Knights they were up against a group of boys considerably taller than them, but used their skill and fleet of foot to rack up a splendid 7-1 success.
The second game saw them meet an Alphington team that hadn’t dropped a point in normal league fixtures, but once again Colyton rose to the challenge and bagged themselves a terrific 5-2 win.
You may also want to watch:
The last game saw them play Exmouth with both having a chance to top the table, but Colyton went into the contest knowing that they had a seven goal advantage over their opponents, and they did not need to fall back on any goal advantage as they chalked up a third success, winning 6-4.
Colyton manager Craig Board said: “I am so proud of the whole team, they played really creative football whilst still holding their own in the physical battles with much larger boys.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
“Futsal is a great demonstration of footballing skills and on Sunday my lads showed that in abundance”.
Colyton will go forward now to the County Championships which are set to be contested at Paignton in January where again they will play in the Undxer-16 age group aga Colyton Under-15s triumph in Under-16 Futsall tournament
The Devon FA ran this year’s Futsal qualifiers at Cranbrook Education Campus on the second Sunday of December. inst all the qualifiers from the various youth leagues.