The East Devon club has just held its presentation night at the Conservative Club in Honiton, writes Mike Spiller.
Around 60 members came along to the presentation of all last year’s awards, which total around 80. The cup presentation was followed by a super buffet and ended with a disco. The club did well in the inter-club competitions through 2011, even winning the Torbay Shield which was hosted last year by the Teignmouth club.
The club also did well in the Lively Lady Competitions against Beer and District SAA. The club will also be starting their field casting tuition and practice every Wednesday night. This is always popular and is open to anyone that would like to go along and improve their casting skills. More details on the club website at www.honitonsac.co.uk
Some of the 2011 awards made on the night were: Senior Shore Champion, Barry Codling; Senior Boat Champion, Leon Rice; Best specimen of the year, Mike Spiller with a conger eel of 65lb 8oz (boat); Best Specimen by a junior, Liam Crawford with a dogfish of 1lb 15oz; Junior Shore Champion, Callum Hardwick; Best Bass, Scott Rice 11lb 7oz (shore); Best Pollack (shore), Ken Sparks 7lb 14oz; Highest number of Angling Trust specimen fish, Terry Hartnell with 13; Best Gurnard, John Stanford Red Gurnard 1lb 12oz; Skate/Ray Bowl Barry Trevett Small Eyed Ray 12lb 40z (shore).
More details on www.honitonsac.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Lyme Regis Sea Angling Club fished Cogden Beach for the 'Best Flatfish'. Fourteen members took part and a number of plaice and dab were weighed in.
As well as the flatfish there were also mackerel, pollack, dogfish, pouting and smoothhounds caught.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
1, Darren Herber; 2, Ben Male; 3, Luan Toop, all with dabs. Darren’s winning dab is also this year’s best at 210gr and 44.35 per cent.