Competitive look to Four Burrow card
THE Four Burrow has attracted a total of 126 entries for their six races at Trebudannon on Saturday (April 24).
PREVIEW OF THE FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT TO BE HELD AT TREBUDANNON, NEAR ST COLUMB MAJOR ON SATURDAY 24TH APRIL
Written by Granville Taylor
THE Four Burrow has attracted a total of 126 entries for their six races at Trebudannon on Saturday (April 24th).
Racing gets under way with the two and a half miles Open Maiden for four to seven-year-olds at 2 o'clock. This can go to the Leslie Jefford trained Delta Borget, who has been placed in all three runs this season and was only just denied behind Miss Nosey at this track on Easter Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The PPORA Club Members' is for 10-year-olds and over and has a really competitive look. Alambique has won both his races this year and Long Night is also a dual winner. Stone Valley came up against the progressive Come What Augustus here at Easter, and Ashley Farrant's pair of Tonic du Charmil and Mioche D'Estruval cannot be left out of calculations. The locally trained Oscatello beat subsequent winner Wee Fly on his pointing debut, and this formerly useful chaser should not be overlooked.
Alambique is also amongst the 14 entries for the Mixed Open, where Rockwithacaveman bids to regain his best form for Polly Gundry. Richard Woollacott is looking for winners in his bid for the National Men's title, and has the choice between Sheriff Roscoe, Lords Bridge and Henri Prends Garde in this event.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The 23 entries for the Restricted include course winners Misstree Pitcher and Miss Nosey. The opposition looks really stiff though, and perhaps the imposing Nikki Frost trained youngster Chase Gate can build on his Ideford Arch success last month.
Molland Gayle is suggested for the Open Mares Maiden, but the 30 strong Open Maiden looks more of a puzzle with Acting Tougher just a tentative selection.
The excellent viewing course at Trebudannon is located 5 miles east of Newquay, near the A39, close to St Columb Major. TR9 4LP. The weather looks set fair for a lovely family day out, and a bar, refreshments and trade stands all add to the afternoon's entertainment.