Convincing county win
Feniton men’s team finished their County Trophy league season with a convincing win over Seaton by 83-68, writes Roger Smith.
The winning rinks were R Cooke, E Cox, D Evans and K Lovering 29-16 and G Phillips, J Livings, Ro Clarke and R Smith 24-17 and A Evans, J Rolph, I Veitch and A Kury 20-15.
The men’s over 60s A team match against Sidmouth was cancelled due to a waterlogged green. The B team travelled to Chardstock and, in a match interrupted by rain, lost by 32-34. The winning rink was G Phillips, L Ley and Ro Clarke 20-10.
The ladies lost a narrow East Devon League match against Topsham by five shots. The winning rink was G Blackmore, Ru Clarke, G North and L Eveleigh. However, they defeated Seaton in a friendly match at Seaton by 61-45. The winning rinks were G Blackmore, L Dommett and L Eveleigh 28-9 and N Cox, E Rolph and R Veitch 22-15
The mixed team suffered a narrow home defeat against Heavitree by 88-91. The winning rinks were N Cox, C Cheesley, E Rolph and K Lovering 26-21, L Crook, J Skinner, G Phillips and I Veitch 20-16 and R Cooke, B Halse, E Cox and D Evans 17-16. They then played away at Exonia and won a close match by 76-71. The winning rinks were D Phillips, D Morris, M Eveleigh and D Evans 27-11 and F Jones, L Norris, R Clarke and L Eveleigh 23-17.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone