Cool Cowling as Tigers win at Liverton
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town responded to some stinging half-time words from manager Ian Burns to eventually return from a league visit to Liverton United with all three points.
The home side had controlled much of the opening 45 minutes and led 1-0 at the break.
Boss Burns used the 15-minute interval to let his under-performing team that what they had just served up was simply not good enough!
He got the response he hoped for as the Tigers scored four unanswered second half goals! Sixteen-year-old Tony Pinder netted the equaliser and impressive Adam Cowling fired his side ahead. Goals from Jonny Hurford and Ben Turner sealed success for the visitors.
Boss Burns said: “The second half show was as good as the first half effort was poor! The response was what I wanted and we fully deserved to win in the end.”
You may also want to watch:
Cowling was the stand-out performer for the Tigers who are in action tonight (Wednesday, September 30) when they entertain Crediton United in an SWP League game (7.30pm).
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery