Copp takes four as Yarcombe go top
Yarcombe made short work of visiting Cheriton Fitzpaine, beating the Mid Devon side by 217 runs and that result took them to the top of the F Division table.
Jonathan Rich was left rueing his misfortune after he fell to a spectacular catch in the final over for 96.
Skipper Mark Parris struck 47 and the home side closed their innings on 282-8.
The visitors then felt the full force of Darren Copp as he claimed 4-290 and, with Mike Barnes also bagging a brace the final wicket in the Cherries reply fell on 65.
A delighted Parris said: “It was a very good all-round effort throughout the side. We batted very well and the bowled and fielded superbly. It was especially good to see Jonathan (Rich) back amongst the runs. He had such a good season last year and has not been at his best yet this term but he looked the part with this knock, and hopefully that will, kick start his run making this season.”
You may also want to watch:
Yarcombe travel to Topsham St James looking to preserve their table topping status on Saturday
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend