Frost early strike sets up another Upottery Reserves away win
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves made it four wins from four away to maintain their 100 per cent start to the Macron League Division Five season as they won 4-3 at Bravehearts.
Just four minutes into the game Upottery opened the scoring when Matt Frost cracked a sweet half volley that drilled its way into the bottom corner of the net.
The lead was double with a smart finish from Ash Munt – his first for the Otters – and half-time was reached with Upottery sporting a 2-0 lead.
At the start of the second half Upottery again caught the home side cold with not a single Bravehearts player touching the ball from kick-off to new signing Dan Ingram marking his Upottery debut with a goal.
Bravehearts made changes, to formation and personnel, and the move paid dividends as they scored twice in 20 second-half minutes. However, Upottery refused to buckle further and Will Stevens scored what was his first goal for the team to make sure the Otters took home all three points.
You may also want to watch:
The Upottery Man of the Match award went to Olly Cramer and Matt Frost.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon