Cramer stars as Upottery Reserves win for the sixth successive league outing
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves were made to work hard by basement side Awliscombe before beating their East Devon opposition 2-1 in a Glebe Park Macron League Division Five game.
It was the Awls who struck first, taking an early lead, one they held throughout the first half and took into the interval.
Upottery made two early second-half changes to try to change the course of the game, but they were then forced to make a third change when Harry Leisk was injured.
However, the three sets of fresh legs were central to Upottery beginning to take charge.
The scores were levelled when Olly Cramer struck with a neat left-footed shot. Soon after getting back on level terms, Upottery took the lead with a special goal!
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Richards went on a 30-yard run, weaving past anyone that got in his way, before crossing for Brad Morris to net to ensure the home side continued their winning start to the league season, a start that has seen them win all six of their games so far.
It was Olly Cramer, for the second week running, who picked up the Upottery Man of the Match award.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 9 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 10 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
It’s cup action for Upottery this Saturday (October 13) with a Devon Intermediate Cup cup tie at home to Division Six Cheriton Fitzpaine (2pm).