Cranbrook plays host to ‘Back to Netball’ event
- Credit: Archant
Cranbrook Arrows have had a busy start to the season, making a great start to the winter league in Honiton, and hosting the local ‘Back to Netball’ 10th Anniversary Party at the Education Campus.
The ‘Back to Netball’ event was a national one with each county hosting a netball session and party at the same time, with video links to other parties in the country. Devon Netball development officer Jenny Kelly ran the session at Cranbrook where the club were joined by some other local players. It proved to be a special event and certainly one in which a lot of fun was had by all who were involved.
It was fantastic to be part of an event showcasing the popularity of netball locally, and Cranbrook Arrows are very pleased to have been asked to host the event.
The latest Honiton Winter League campaign started in September and both Cranbrook teams are competing in division three.
The Black Arrows team won their first three matches against HNC Kites, Honeyz, and Jurassics convincingly to create a great lead in the league.
You may also want to watch:
Their fourth match was against top-of-the-table rivals Tornadoes. An equally matched team, both sides fought throughout all quarters, but Tornadoes pipped Black Arrows to the post to take the win. Black Arrows are currently in second place in the league.
The White Arrows have also enjoyed their first few matches of the winter league. This is the first winter league that the White Arrows have played in, and the team are really coming together and improving every week.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The first couple of matches against Tornadoes and Sidmouth Trident resulted in losses, but a brilliant win over Flaming Barrels catapulted the team to fifth position.
A great start to the league! Black and White Arrows will play against each other later in November.
Cranbrook Arrows are very grateful for sponsorship from 1st Choice Finishes. The club train on Wednesday evenings 8-9pm at Cranbrook Education campus.
The club have their own Facebook page, which is a good place to start in terms of making contact with club officials if you are reading this and would like to get involved.