Cranbrook runners take part in the 2019 Run Exe Relays
- Credit: Archant
There were both a men’s team and a ladies team representing Exeter College Running Club, Cranbrook, who were involved in the Run Exe Relays in Exeter, making their debut among the elite of the West Country on the relay scene, writes Deobrah Phillips.
Maggie Gellersjo (19:53) and Greg Waller (22:30) taking the first legs made a solid start to the evening.
Maggie, finishing about two-and-a-half minutes ahead, handing over to Griselda Shipp (19:38), along with Shaun Drew (17:10) on leg two.
Shaun made up ground on the girls and Griselda handed over to Olwen Coates (20:47), but she couldn't keep Ben Tucker (18:50) from taking the boys into the lead, Ben Tancock (18:04) then bought it home for the boys and Christina Green (17:09) for the girls about minute behind overall.
The Haldon Relays are next month (June) when more club teams are expected to be in action.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on all things Exeter College Running Club, check out the club's Facebook, instagram or twitter.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home