Crickets more 'at home' than Hornets
In very unpleasant weather conditions, the local derby league fixture between Honiton and Ottery took place on the pitch which both consider their home - Ottery .
HHHC 1, Ottery Crickets 4
In very unpleasant weather conditions, the local derby league fixture between Honiton and Ottery took place on the pitch which both consider their home - Ottery - but in this instance it was the Otters' side which was most at home!
Before the game, a minute's silence was held to remember a player well known to both clubs, Anne Mutter, who had died only the previous day after a long and brave battle with cancer.
During the first half it was clear that Ottery had control of the match, scoring three goals. Although the Honiton girls did their best to bring the play into the Ottery circle, this was managed only on a few occasions.
You may also want to watch:
However, in the second half, each side scored one goal so play appeared to be somewhat more even; although even here perhaps for Honiton it was more a case of containing the Otters' attacks!
Honiton's goal scorer was Sophie George who converted a penalty corner pass into a goal strike, which the goalkeeper was unable to deflect off the back line.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Player of the Match: Sue Stone
l Practices continue with ECVH at Cullompton Sports Centre on Tuesday evenings. Training takes place between 8pm - 9:30pm, with transport being arranged from Dowell Street Car Park at 7:30pm.
If you would like to go along please turn up at the meeting point. A warm welcome is extended to all players regardless of current skills.