Cullen and Thomas romp to victory in Lyme Regis shotgun start greensomes event
Before the official Lyme Regis new captain’s drive-in the men held a shotgun start greensomes, writes Richard Jackman.
Neal Cullen and Neil Thomas paired up and romped home with a phenomenal 43 points.
George Skellern and Chris Brownes took second, pushing new captain Matt Searle and Rodney Spiller into third place on countback after both pairs’ carded 38 points.
Last Thursday the ladies held their Par Cup, a bogey competition and new lady vice captain Rosie Jackman won with a score of plus one.
Second with minus one was Susan Moore with Caroline Baker, minus two, taking third.
You may also want to watch:
The junior stableford last Saturday was won by Cameron Moss with 39 points.
In second place was Stuart Wight (37) and George Yorke (34) took third spot.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony