Curry adds spice to Rangers cup win
- Credit: Archant
Offwell Rangers made A and S Paving Devon Intermediate Cup progress with a 4-3 victory over visiting Bickleigh Reserves.
What made the success all the more impressive was that it came against a team that had made a flying start to their Fresha League campaign winning four our of four matches to date!
Goals from Paul Dudley, Sam Farmer and Ben Fullick, the latter netting after some great wing play by Joe Webber and Tom Cligg.
The visitors got one back before the break, but it was all good enough to see Rangers into the interval with a 3-1 lead.
An early second half goal further reduced the Bickleigh arrears, but they were soon two behind again thanks to a Joe Weber strike.
You may also want to watch:
A late third from the Mid Devon side could not deny Rangers moving into the next round.
Player-manager Scott Phillips said: “We played well and scored some goals that had been worked on in training. We were a bit sloppy early in the second half, but got it right soon after. It was another tough game, but we battled hard and came away with a well deserved win.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Match sponsors Powershoes opted for the excellent Steve Curry as the Rangers Man of the Match.