Dave wins Marker Cup at Honiton GC
- Credit: Honiton GC
Dave Carnall is the winner of the Marker Cup at Honiton Golf Club for 2021.
This event is played over two rounds and in the medal format, which means every shot counts. It is a competition format that tests the fortitude, patience and resilience of any amateur golfer.
After week one on 19th September, Tony Willliams led the field with a nett 67 followed by Ross Latchem with 68, Stephen Martin with 69 and Dave Carnall lying in 5th place with a 70.
Round 2 took place on the 26th September with the sun shining, it was won by Norman Runchiman shooting an excellent Nett 65, followed by Paul Rutland with 67, David Stewart in 3rd with 67 and then Dave Carnall with a 68.
So, combining the two rounds, it was Dave Carnall with 137, beating Ross Latchem on 140 and Jason Lovering with 142.
The Senior Men’s September Medal had 53 players taking part and it was Mike Watts who came out on top with a Nett 67, followed by Paul Ritchie with 70 and David Hughes with a 70 in 3rd place
Honiton Seniors won their home match against Enmore on Monday with an impressive score of 5-1, although the overall score was drawn, having lost away 5 – 1. It was honours even, but the Seniors then lost to Dainton Park away 4 ½ - 1 ½.
You may also want to watch:
Lady golfers from divisions 1 and 2 took part in this year's Bowerman Cup Stableford 18 hole competition at Honiton Golf Club. The competition was stiff with a great display of golf from those that took part.
Janet Hughes won division 1 with a terrific score of 34 points, including seven pars, just beating Cathy Pawley who was the very worthy runner up with 32 points. They were closely followed by Jackie Seager with a very respectable 30 points.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 6 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Sharon Rouse won division 2 with a great score of 31 points, narrowly beating Lesley Oxenham in a card play off, also with 31. In third place was Lynne-Marie Kelly with an equally respectable 30 points.