Davies delights with five wickets as Feniton eye safety
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Feniton are out of the bottom three of the C Division East for the first time this season – and their timing is perfect given that this coming Saturday (September 1) is the final matchday of the campaign.
However, the Acland Park men still have quite a task to ensure they line up in the same division next season.
That’s because they head to the Fortfield home of Sidmouth knowing that only a win – and no one has won at Sidmouth this season – will guarantee them avoiding the drop!
For now though, the table does show them as in the ‘safe zone’, and that’s because of a 77 run win over a Braunton side who took Feniton’s place in the bottom three after the match!
Batting first Feniton were led to a closing total of 206 thanks to contributions from John Buckland (42), skipper Jon Pyle (35) and Alex Frankpitt (34).
You may also want to watch:
Jack Tucker and Jon French took the new ball duties for Feniton, but were unable to find a way through as the Braunton openers eased their way to 40 without loss. It was the skippers’ introduction of first change of Matthew Davies and himself as second change that transformed the contest as the visiting side went from 42-1 to 79-8 with Davies claiming a ‘fivefer’ and French taking the other three wickets! The tail wagged, but only as far as 129 with Mark Kingdon and Andrew Rose taking the other wickets.
Davies took the plaudits with his splendid return of 5-22 from nine overs while skipper Pyle finished with 3-14 from 8.4 overs.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon