Denning delights with top score at Lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
The weather was wonderful for Warren Madill’s captain’s day at Lyme Regus, and there was some startling golf as well, writes Richard Jackman.
Division one winner, with the best score of the day with a superb score of 44 points (gross 68), was Chris Denning.
Second with 39 points was Stuart Scott, beating Mike Ebdon into third place on count back.
The winner of Division Two was Roger Pincombe with 36 points whilst second place went to John Lawerence and third Stan White. Special mention for John Gait who holed his second shot on the par-five 14th for an albatross and six points!
The junior stableford last Saturday was won by Cameron Moss on 43 points.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Stuart Wight with 39 and third place went to Lewis Cottam with 38.
Two of Lyme Regis’ promising juniors, George Seed and David Lyon, were part of the victorious Dorset Under-16 team that defeated Cornwall seven matches to five last Saturday at St Mellion.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The pair were also selected to play in the Dorset Under-16 fixture at Honiton on Monday of this week.