Devon League latest - local action on final Saturday of August
- Credit: Archant
Today (Saturday) is the final matchday in the six-week long Tolchards Devon League four-team competition.
After today’s games the competition becomes a knockout cup.
Seaton complete their Tier One Premier East campaign with a home match against a Sidmouth side that have won the group and qualified for the knockout stages with a game to spare.
In Tier Two East One, Whimple entertain Thorverton while, in Tier Three East East One, Kilmington will book the top spot once they register a third bonus point in their game at Upottery. The Glebe Park men can still take top spot, but they need to comprehensively defeat Kilmington and stop the visitors getting at least three bonus points. The other game in the group sees Ottery St Mary in action at Sidmouth II.
In Tier Four East East Two, Chardstock are in home action against Sampford Peverell & Tiverton.
You may also want to watch:
In Tier Five, East Three, Feniton go to Alphington n& Countess Wear.
In Tier Five, East East Three there are two local derby matches with Axminster hosting Honiton and Ottery St Mary II entertaining an Uplyme & Lyme Regis side who know a win at Ottery and they will win the group.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
In Tier Six East Five, Whimple II travel to Kenn. In Tier Six East Four Upottery II and Seaton II are both away visiting Sampford Peverell and Tiverton II and Woodbury & Newton St Cyres 1st XI respectively.