Dibling late strike seals Tigers win at Ilfracombe Town
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town secured a sixth win of the South West Peninsula League Eastern Division campaign and inflicted only a fourth defeat of the term on Ilfracombe with a 4-3 success in North Devon.
A thrilling contest was sealed in favour of the Tigers by a superb 87th minute strike from Sam Dibling.
The afternoon began badly for the Tigers as they shipped a first minute goal with the ball taken a wicked deflection before ending up in the back of the Tigers net.
Things got better for the North Devon side as they doubled their lead in the 10th minute.
The Tigers were back in the game on the half hour when Gary Spiller struck and the it was a couple of changes that seemed to make a big difference to the Tigers cause with Jamie Barfoot and Tony Pinder introduced from the bench.
You may also want to watch:
However, the home side scored the game’s next goal to restore their two goal lead, but the lively Barfoot made it 3-2 before Natahn Warren restored parity in the 80th minute.
With three minutes remaining Dibling received the ball 30 yards from goal, looked up, and rifled the ball beyond the despairing dive of the home glovesman to seal all three points for his team.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery