Discombe, Pipe and Stroud enjoy success in Honiton seniors event
The Honiton senior section were blessed with a sunny day with all greens in play and the seniors made the most of it, writes Andy Wagner.
A field of 79 contested a three-ball better ball event with two to count and the scoring was pretty good.
The best scorers were John Discombe, Max Pipe and Don Stroud (who had a hole in one earlier in the week).
They came in with 82 points, three ahead of Phil Faulkner, Chris Street and Ron Cooper. Vic Wood, David Ive and George Bates made 78, just beating Ken Wood, Peter Bates and Stan Squire on 77.
The bar-voucher prizes were presented by captain Bob Underwood who had driven up to the course proudly displaying in his car rear window the sign for his newly-allocated parking space.
You may also want to watch:
Pity is he has only a few weeks left to enjoy it!
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis