Doggie delight as Chardstock pick off Cherries thanks to Hutchings ton
- Credit: Archant
Chardstock powered to a 184-run win over Cheriton Fitzpaine.
The star of the show in cricketing terms was the home skipper whilst the stars of the show off the square and outfield were the two dogs of Paul Strawbridge who ensured that not one ball was lost on the day despite Rob Hutchings slamming countless sixes into bushes and fields on his way to a superb 145.
It was the second year running that the Chardstock skipper has taken a liking to the Cherries bowlers for he slammed a similar big ton against them last season!
Jack Larcombe chipped in with 50 from the number three slot and there was a confident 31 from opener Tom Strawbridge.
Chardstock’s innings closed on a whopping 307-3. Spinner Paul Reynolds then claimed 3-15 as Cheriton laboured to 123-8 at stumps leaving the hosts big winners.
You may also want to watch:
Hutchings said: “It was a cracking game for us as we posted a big score which enabled me to pass the ball around to get everybody involved. We need now to look to push on with our season and it’s certainly a case of more of the same please players in our next game.”
That next outing takes the villagers to new side Buckland on Saturday who sit bottom of the E Division after five defeats from as many outings.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery