Double delight for Feniton on opening day of new season
Feniton made a flying start to the new season with both teams landing big victories.
At Acland Park Mark Kingdon’s 1st XI were six wicket winners over a Plymouth Civil Service and Roborough side who finished fourth last year.
Brian Cann, so regularly a big run maker over the years for Feniton, turned his arm over to return the impressive figures of 5-15 from 11 overs.
Russ Whitton chipped in with a brace and the visitors were shot out for 145 in the final over.
Charlie Selley then hit an unbeaten 38 and Alex Frankpitt was also not out at the close with 23 as Feniton got home for the loss of just four wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Cann (19) and Kingdon (17) also made contributions. A delighted Kingdon said: “It’s a great way to start the new season. Brian (Cann) put the ball on the spot and got his just rewards and then we made the run chase look very easy. We are targeting a healthy season this time round and to do that we need a good start!”
Meanwhile, Francis Pyle led by example in the Feniton II 188 run triumph at Exmouth III.
- 1 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 2 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 3 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 4 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
The skipper claimed four wickets for as many runs as he and South African Jono Lawrence (3-14) combined to hustle out the hosts for just 50.
All this after Stuart Bright hit an unbeaten 69 and the ageless Pete Avery struck 41 as Feniton posted an imposing total of 230-4.
This Saturday Feniton have an East Devon derby at Seaton whilst the second eleven entertain also have a derby game, they hosts Uplyme and Lyme Regis II.