Dunkeswell bowl to victory against Wellington
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell Bowls Club has seen mixed results over recent outings, writes Josie Williams.
In the Over-60s Triples League there was disappointment in the meeting with Marina Dawlish with the South Devon side securing a 65-41 victory.
There remain three more home matches for the team this season and they will be looking for points to help lift them up the table.
However, the tables were turned in a friendly meeting with Wellington as the Dunks were 65-41 winners in what was a most enjoyable encounter that also saw a most satisfying tea to finish the afternoon.
Away from the bowls action, club members wish to pass on huge congratulations to popular members Brian and Iris Long who recently celebrated their Diamond Wedding anniversary. Here’s hoping they enjoy many more happy years in Dunkeswell.
You may also want to watch:
Last, but certainly not least, a reminder to all members that the club roll-up day is each Monday afternoon, starting at 3.30pm.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three