Dunkeswell bowlers need new members - can you help?
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell bowlers have enjoyed encouraging results of late, writes Jose Williams.
A friendly against Uffculme was enjoyed by all involved with the final score being 84-47 in Uffculme’s favour.
The top rink for Dunkeswell was the one of Ron Mogford, Ron Eames and Jose Williams, who won 17-11.
Next up, a friendly with Chardstock that the Dunks won 68-64 and here the best rink was the one comprising Tony Thorne, Micky Stoakes and Frank Brooks.
There was success for the men in their Over-60s League match at Pinces Garden where they banked six points and they went one better in the same competition when they hosted Crediton, banking eight points and so moving up to a mid—table spot in the division.
You may also want to watch:
Dunkeswell is a small, but mighty friendly bowls club. However, it is a continual struggle to recruit new members and new folk wishing to join will always be made most welcome!
The club meets each Monday afternoon in the Throgmorton Hall. They’d love to see new faces, men and ladies and anyone wanting more information can contact the captain, Tom Williams, on 01404 891799.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre