Dunkeswell Bowls Club in urgent need of new bowlers
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell bowlers have not enjoyed too much success of late either in friendly or league matches.
However, they have continued to enjoy their bowls, none more so than when they visited Sidmouth and were given a splendidly warm welcome and enjoyed drinks post-match after the final game of the indoor season.
The new Dunkeswell summer outdoor season begins in earnest on April 25.
With that date firmly in mind the club are might keen to recruit new bowlers to the club
Numbers are thin on the ground at the moment at Dunkeswell Bowls Club and new members would be made very welcome indeed.
You may also want to watch:
As part of an on-going recruitment push, the club is staging an Open Day on Saturday May 6.
The day begins with an full English breakfast served at Throgmorton Hall, Dunkeswell with a 9am sitting and there will also be tea served at 4pm.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
If you are reading this and wondering if bowls is for you then please do get along to Dunkeswell on that first Saturday in May. Both at the club and also at the Throgmorton Hall on the day, there will be various sized woods for newcomers to try and also coaches on hand to instruct in the noble sport of bowls.
Bowling is excellent gentle exercise, suitable for men and women, young and old. The sport offers the chance to engage in activities in the fresh air and all that is required is a pair of flat bottom shoes.
Dunkeswell Bowls Club looks forward to welcoming new members this season.