Dunkeswell Over-60s bowlers continuing to show fine form home and away
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell Bowls Club continues to thrive after their early season appeal for new playing members.
No fewer than ten new members came forward after then appeal here in the Midweek Herald and most were in action in the latest round of matches.
A friendly fixture at Sidmouth saw thr Dunks lose heavily at 105-48, but they bounced back to defeat Uffculme 80-60 and the saw off Feniton in as Tuesday match by a score line of 75-58 with the best performing rink being the one of Brad Hallows, Iris Long and Ian Wetherall who won 22-11.
The club have also been busy recently in the Over-60s league.
What’s more they have not just been busy – they have been successful to!
You may also want to watch:
Exonia B were beaten 57-31 at home and then visiting Heavitree were defeated 52-21 before, most recently, a 33-24 success at Phear Park A.
On Saturday (July 19), Dunkeswell travel to Chardstock.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis