Dunkeswell rise to the top of the table with Cligg brace
North Tawton 0, Dunkeswell Rovers 4 The Dunks climbed to the top of the Division Six table with a well deserved success at the basement dwellers.
Steve Morris put them ahead and player boss Rod Hill doubled his sides lead before an Eric Cligg goal sent them into the break three goals to the good.
There was just one goal in the second half with Cligg netting again.
Boss Hill said: “It’s nice to go top. Now the plan is to stay there for as long a possible and hopefully right through to the end of the season. We have played a few more than others at the top, but if we keep winning we’ll be hard to push off top spot.”
Dunkeswell are unbeaten in seven with six wins and a draw and last lost on November 7, beaten 3-0 at Silverton.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday they travel to eight placed Stoke Hill who they shared six goals with when the sides met in East Devon in mid-October.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled